Symantec quarantining LiveCode standalone on client's machine

Curt Ford curt at sonasoftware.com
Tue Jul 2 16:03:45 EDT 2019

A client has reported that a small utility I've made for him is being
blocked by Symantec on his Windows machine. We haven't had this issue
before with an earlier version of the same utility, but now he gets this
report:

"Threat type: Insight Network Threat. There are many indications that
this file is untrustworthy and therefore not safe
____________________________

f_003294 Threat name: WS.Reputation.1

Locate

Very Few Users

Fewer than 5 users in the Symantec Community have used this file.

Very New

This file was released less than 1 week  ago.

Medium

This file risk is medium."

Would code signing it somehow help? Any suggestions?

Thanks!

Curt
--
Sent from Postbox