Never, ever use the name of a built-in property as a custom property

David Bovill david.bovill at gmail.com
Sun Jan 27 05:37:16 EST 2019

Hi Geoff, for me the solution is to have a naming convention for all of a
developers / projects work - so everything is prefixed by 4 letters, and
then in the case of custom properties / custom property sets - to migrate
off them and just stick to arrays. The custom property / set syntax was
always confusing, and since we've had arrays there is as far as I can tell
no advantage in using them over simply storing the data you want as an
array in a custom property.

I guess you could combine the two approaches and use a top-level set? But
for me the simplicity of cutting down on that level of architecture and
just using well named custom properties with arrays stored in them has the
advantage that you can refer to them directly in script without any library
to make the job easier?

On Sat, 26 Jan 2019 at 21:34, Geoff Canyon via use-livecode <