Browser widget - open in new tab

David Bovill david.bovill at gmail.com
Thu Jan 24 06:47:17 EST 2019

I'm looking to see how the new browser widget behaves (only testing on
OSX). It seems to handle web pages that seek to open a window in a new
browser tab differently form before? First it opens them in the browser
widget, and second I'm getting all the messages i'd expect.

Previously we could 'block navigation by trapping a message -- that does
not seem possible now? I tried all the main messages and added `exit to
top` without joy.

What I'd like to do is open a new stack with a browser in it when a user
clicks on an html link that tries to open a new tab in the browser - as far
as I can tel I can trap for the message and so open a new stack etc - but
not prevent the original browser changing to the new url as well?

Is there a way to handle browsers like the web browser handles tabs?

Finally I note that drag-and-drop is disabled in the browser widget - it
neither accepts drag-and-drop, nor can you drag elements out of the widget
view like you can with html elements in a conventional browser. Is there a
reason why we cant drag an html element from the browser widget?