windows defender issues? & other AV issues?

Curry Kenworthy curry at pair.com
Tue Jan 8 02:07:30 EST 2019

Brian:

 > I've looked into the pref save code and it isn't as bad as I thought.

That's good...maybe something a bit closer to the auto formatting and
replace features, and whatever organizes them?

Who knows, it could be something outside the SE that just happens to
interfere, I don't like to speculate on exact causes or locations - but
the SE itself is a bit suspect because if I remember, the issues got
serious around the same time the SE and related parts of LC got some
major new features. Definitely got bad in 9 (with Defender) whereas
perfectly usable on 8 with Defender.

Seeing the files accessed within a short time period while typing would
be useful...but if unlucky, it might involve conflicts or special
conditions and require having symptoms showing. Hopefully not. If very
lucky this could be debugged on any platform, not just Windows.

Assuming the "AV door" is indeed file access.

Hope it's not super hard to track down after all. :)

Best wishes,

Curry Kenworthy

Custom Software Development
"Better Methods, Better Results"