Refactoring is your friend / moving from 6.x to 9.x

Tom Glod tom at makeshyft.com
Sun Jan 6 17:56:03 EST 2019

Thanks, everyone for chiming in here, I want to help narrow down the
circumstances in which windows defender affects the ide.... but more
importantly standalones.

Richard, I demoed my stack on my mother in laws laptop.... and her AV (one
I was not familiar with) put my executable into quarantine right away
before I even ran it.  I did not have time to inspect details of the report
since Kevin and Chris were on their way.  So that's all I remember ....and
want to avoid this like heck going forward. I believe it also quarantined
the dlls in the standalone directory.

Seems like signing the exec is a good idea and certainly can't hurt....and
if I have to write some emails to get whitelisted I can do that too.

I admire anyone in the business of creating frameworks on which other
people rest their livelihoods, its a tough job. So many edge cases
variables to account for. yikes.

Happy Monday tomorrow, happy Sunday today

On Sun, Jan 6, 2019 at 5:28 PM Simon Knight via use-livecode <