Collaborate on UI Handlers

AndyP smudge.andy at googlemail.com
Thu Feb 14 05:08:36 EST 2019

Hi Brahmanathaswami,

LiveCode said a while back that they were looking at a snippets system..but
this seems to have passed on by.

And I started building a snippets system for my own..but then thought
instead of the time needed to maintain this, I thought why not just put them
on public GitHub gists? and then just have a simple search system.

So I started adding snippets and handlers here a while ago:

https://gist.github.com/AndyPiddock <https://gist.github.com/AndyPiddock>

The simple gist search that I built sort of grew into a more unified search
system for LiveCode related subjects.

http://livecodeshare.runrev.com/stack/897/LiveCode-Multi-Search
<http://livecodeshare.runrev.com/stack/897/LiveCode-Multi-Search>
Best used as a compiled standalone.

One of the strengths of using GitHub gists to store snippets and handlers is
that if they are in a public repository they become searchable, which means
that we do not have to maintain a central LiveCode snippets handlers
library. Each GitHub user can host their own code samples and these become
available to all as long as they are tagged as Livecode.

-----
Andy Piddock

TinyIDE  a Free alternative minimalist IDE Plugin for LiveCode

Script editor Themer for LC http://2108.co.uk

PointandSee is a FREE simple but full featured under cursor colour picker / finder.
http://www.pointandsee.co.uk  - made with LiveCode