editing data grid column via scrip

Hershel F hershelhagadol at gmail.com
Wed Feb 6 14:38:31 EST 2019

Hi and thanks,
i’ll try to be a clearer.
all editing is done only via option menu scripts.

as mentioned earlier, an option menu in the company column and product column. now a mouseDown in the OM collects all company names then on menuPick the selected company is chosen at the same time the company id is fetched from a database and that id must go into the id field (column) so in other words…
|  company_id | company_name  | product_id | product_name | price |    extended price |
                                                                                                                          total price

 (all id col are hidden.)

as said above, company name is entered via menuPick, company_id should be entered via script in menuPick into company_id fld. which is done.(put  “abc”  into fld “company_id” & “0001” ) the problem is that the text shows in the
fld but does not show in the printKeys. now i tried to send a closeField to the fld which it did trigger but didn’t change anything .

Thanks in advanced. HershelF

> Not sure what you mean here. In the data grid tab of the properties window there is an option to Allow Editing. Double clicking the cell with this option set will allow you to edit the value.

No clicking possible.

> This seems klunky to me. What I do is I create a field for each editable value in the datagrid, then have a closeField handler in the field do the updating of the datagrid record.

also i’m not sure i understood what you said.