AW: AW: weird video screenshot problem

Mark Waddingham mark at livecode.com
Wed Feb 6 05:22:04 EST 2019

On 2019-02-06 10:41, Tiemo Hollmann TB via use-livecode wrote:
> Hi Mark,
>
> I can reproduce it in the LC 9 IDE with the pure stack (no standalone)
> on my
> computer with the same LC 9 version. So neither "Enable Hi-DPI Scaling"
> or a
> relation between windows and an App setting can be taken into account.
>
> But I have made some more tests. The stack, where the screenshot gets
> pixeled is from 2017 (probably created with LC 8). The stack, with the
> nice
> screenshot is from 2009 (probably originally created with LC 2 or 4).
> Now I
> have put a "fresh" player object and a fresh image object (from my LC
> 9.0.2
> pallette) onto this old stack and voila, the same corrupted screenshot
> appears.
>
> Do you see any relation to this? Could it be, that an old player object
> from
> LC 2 or 4 has a hidden option, which handles video data different, even
> if
> it is now used in an LC 9 environment?

As far as I can see there is no alternate codepaths in the engine for
players
created a long time ago, to ones created now - i.e. the code that runs
is
entirely based on what the properties of the player are, and there are
no
hidden properties.

Perhaps dump 'the properties' of the well-behaved player and the
badly-behaved
player and see if there's a difference?

Also, what happens if you copy the well-behaving player object from the
older stack
to the newer one? (Copy/pasting objects uses exactly the same code as is
used to
save/load objects in stackfiles, so exactly the same state should be
preserved).

Warmest Regards,

Mark.

LiveCode: Everyone can create apps