LiveCode won't recognize my stack

Mark Wieder ahsoftware at sonic.net
Tue Dec 31 21:12:45 EST 2019

On 12/31/19 5:00 PM, Bill Vlahos via use-livecode wrote:
> Richard,
>
> I’m running the different versions of LiveCode on the same Mac and looking at the same file so I don’t think the OS is affecting this.
>
> I’m just asking if there is a stack with the correct name and getting “false” as the answer if using LC 9.5.1.
> If I ask for “file” and not “stack” then the result is “true”.
>
> The path to the LicenseKey.IW file is correct at: /Volumes/HP c310w/InfoWallet 1.4/Info Files
>
> Here is the error message:
> Executing at 4:47:43 PM on Tuesday, December 31, 2019
> Type: Chunk: can't find stack
> Object: stack '/Volumes/HP c310w/InfoWallet 1.4/Info Files/InfoWallet.app/Contents/MacOS/InfoWallet'
> Line Num: 26
> Hint: populateFileList

It looks to me like the defaultFolder is not what you think it is.
The error message seems to say it's looking in the same folder as the
InfoWallet application, i.e., inside the InfoWallet.app folder.

Also... looking for file and looking for stack are different actions.
If you're asking for a stack then the stack has to be in memory.
Asking for a file will look in the current defaultFolder.

--
  Mark Wieder
  ahsoftware at gmail.com