using stdout

doc hawk dochawk at gmail.com
Wed Dec 18 15:47:36 EST 2019

On Dec 18, 2019, at 12:38 PM, JB via use-livecode <use-livecode at lists.runrev.com> wrote:

> open process "/Applications/Utilities/Terminal.app" for write
> write tMessage && the long time & return to stdout

*That* is the problem.

If you open a terminal from within livecode, that doesn’t turn it into stdout, which already existed (even if null).

In a terminal,

/Applications/LiveCode\ Business\ 9.5.0.app/Contents/MacOS/LiveCode-Business

(Or whatever).

That terminal will be stdout for livecode, at which you can write to it.

There might be a way to open a terminal from lived ode to which it could write, but it won’t become stdout.

If you look through the archives (or maybe it’s on the message board due to attachments), you should be able to find my master/slave pair which open a socket to one another and can talk.  It’s been a few years, though.