LC #48 @TIOBE

Richard Gaskin ambassador at fourthworld.com
Wed Dec 11 00:03:33 EST 2019

Terry Judd wrote:

> Some contrasting data...
>
> https://trends.google.com/trends/explore?date=today%205-y&q=%2Fm%2F0490j1

2013 was LC's massive Kickstarter campaign.

For a system reflecting general searches, I would expect a decline in
general attention after that.

Among programmer-specific resources used for TIOBE, a modest increase is
fairly consistent with what I see subjectively from new membership rates
in the forums.

Not that TIOBE is perfect, and it is indeed useful to use as many
metrics as practical for business planning.  But the industry seems to
favor TIOBE for ranking programming languages, and there may be some
good reasons behind its popularity for that metric.

--
  Richard Gaskin
  Fourth World Systems