Android Speed Woes

J. Landman Gay jacque at hyperactivesw.com
Thu Aug 29 18:23:15 EDT 2019

I'd say it's the phone. The Moto G5 has a budget processor and an old
version of Android OS. An iPhoneX is newer and much faster so it isn't
really a fair comparison. My Pixel has a much faster processor running
the latest OS and is quite snappy; my Samsung S5 is old and slow and
responds as such.

I develop with my Pixel and test with the Samsung to see how bad it
gets. The up side is that users of older or budget phones are used to
the response times and may not notice. But if you can find a higher-end
test device, it's useful to compare.