Lesson on Accelerated Rendering

Sannyasin Brahmanathaswami brahma at hindu.org
Fri Apr 26 12:44:57 EDT 2019

One would think it easy to find. But search the dictionary and these lists and lessons… nada. I sent this to support: no answer. I think they are getting ready for the conference. Maybe someone here can give it a shot.

Re:  acceleratedRendering.

-- There are issues which affect DG2.
-- There are "17 bugs" related to acceleratedRendering.
-- The issue of slide up the keyboard was fixed.
-- There have been on-going changes with each version.
-- There is "engine work" on acceleratedRendering
-- related to groups and Layers in groups
-- relative to layer mode-static, dynamic or scrolling
-- 9.0.4 rc2 behaves differently that 9.0.3

So, I am at a loss as to when
--  to use acceleratedRendering  (true)
--  and when to turn it off (false)
--  how it affects layer mode: static, dynamic or scrolling?
-- what does it actually do

The dictionary has only a brief mention for acceleratedRendering.

Granted that there are bugs to be fixed...

But at least, can we learn how it is supposed to work?
Can we get a lesson on this -- or if the lesson is online, a URL ?

Anything will be a great help, not only for me, but for all "newbies" -- to get clarity on this subject.

BR