Stacks whose names start with "rev"

J. Landman Gay jacque at hyperactivesw.com
Sat Sep 29 18:51:47 EDT 2018

On 9/29/18 1:29 PM, Geoff Canyon via use-livecode wrote:
> The only limitations I know of that Navigator doesn't much solve are the
> fact that "rev" stacks don't throw errors (this has cost me much pain and
> suffering) and Navigator doesn't distinguish between IDE "rev" stacks and
> non-IDE "rev" stacks, so enabling access to "rev" in Navigator exposes the
> IDE (including all of Navigator's files).

Showing IDE stacks in lists does the same, and we were able to select
controls via the app browser normally. The problems occured when trying
to drag or resize those controls, which were immune to any manipulation.
The stack was stubbornly set to mode 2 and wouldn't budge. We were able
to manipulate objects via the message box as long as we specified a long
path to the control. The property inspector was inconsistent in
recognizing the target stack.

This is fairly new behavior, it used to be difficult but do-able. I'm
not sure when it changed, since the last time we needed to edit a "rev"
stack was about 2 years ago.

Some day I will have the time to look at Navigator more closely. I did
give it a shot a couple of times but found the learning curve too high
for a quick switch. I only hear good things about it though, so some day
maybe.

Jacqueline Landman Gay         |     jacque at hyperactivesw.com