Script-only-stack file issue 9.0.1

doc hawk dochawk at gmail.com
Mon Sep 24 14:34:58 EDT 2018

On Mon, Sep 24, 2018 at 8:26 AM, Bob Sneidar via use-livecode <

> I know you know, but it bears repeating, you can never go wrong following
> that old IT adage, no special characters in a filename, no spaces or caps
> in a SQL column name. In fact I don't even like spaces in a filename
> because if at some point I want to share it over FTP, and the FTP server
> has a web service, well now I have to account for spaces.

a-z, A-Z, 0-9, underbar, and dot.  That's  it.

Pretty much anything else in a filename causes problems with some system or
another.

and mixed case is a problem itself with some older ones, such as CP/M,
which would *usually* covert to upper case (but if a file was created from
a program, such as MSBASIC, that check could be passed, and a filename that
couldn't be accessed from the command line could be created).

--
Dr. Richard E. Hawkins, Esq.
(702) 508-8462