When is suspendStack sent?

Bob Sneidar bobsneidar at iotecdigital.com
Fri Sep 21 12:58:44 EDT 2018

I put the suspendStack handler in the card instead. Same thing. Seems the suspendStack message is only getting sent once for every different stack I switch to. For instance, I can click the window of the mainstack while in a substack and I get the suspendStack message. Subsequent clicks however do NOT get sent. But if I click a DIFFERENT stack, say the script editor, I DO get the suspendStack message. Subsequent clicks to ANY of the stacks, once clicked in do NOT generate a suspendStack message.

What's even more interesting is that after clicking the script editor as the second alternate window clicked (the first being the mainstack) the titlebar of the mainstack is WHITE not the usual grey 3d look, and remains this way until it becomes the only open window.

I think what is happening is that the topstack gets changed the first time I click an alternate window and does not change until I close that window the way it should. That is why suspendStack is not getting sent a second time to the stack that *appears* to be on top. Another stack is the topStack.

Once *ANY* stack gets a suspendStack message the first time, it never seems to get subsequent messages. I am going to add the handler to a backscript later to see who is getting the message and where it is going.

Bob S