SVG to image

Brian Milby brian at milby7.com
Tue Sep 18 01:11:55 EDT 2018

Ok, so your results should be the same as the "trimmed" version of the
icons in this repo:
https://github.com/leungwensen/svg-icon

For most of the icons on that site, the removal of pad is fine.  There are
a few where the pad is actually important since there are multiple icons
where some are designed to have blank space.  The best examples that I can
find are the WiFi strength icons in the Metro set.
https://leungwensen.github.io/svg-icon/#metro

Since the repo contains the full SVG of the icons (in both trimmed and
untrimmed versions), if anyone needs one of these icons untrimmed, they can
go to the repo and use the full SVG file directly.  I only mention this
because when I originally wrote the SvgIconTool I noticed that some of the
icons looked odd due to the padding removal.

That demo stack and widget are very effective.  I switched over to a couple
different icon sets from that site and everything works great.  What is
interesting is that some of the compiled icons look better when compiled
using the template compared to the SVG file on the site.  I'll need to look
at that some more to see if I can figure out why.  One difference is that
the files use viewBox instead of H & W.

Thanks for another useful widget!

On Mon, Sep 17, 2018 at 9:56 AM hh via use-livecode <