best way to open a script-only library stack?

Curtis Ford curt at sonasoftware.com
Mon Sep 17 13:49:23 EDT 2018

I'm just getting started with the idea of a library stack for scripts,
and have a dopey question: what's the best way to edit the library as I
work on the project?

I've created a script-only stack and included

start using stack "myScriptStack.livecodescript"

in the preOpenStack handler of my main stack.

When I open the main stack, I don't see a way to get to the library
stack. So I open the library stack through 'recent files' in Livecode,
but then I see the message "A stack [library stack name] in file [path
to the main stack file] is already in memory. The LiveCode UI does not
distinguish stacks which have identical names, so editing these stack
files while both are in memory could result in data loss."

If this is a real concern, how do I get back to work on the library
stack? Any suggestions on best practices?

Curt

Sent from Postbox