Remote Debugger Anomalies

Trevor DeVore lists at mangomultimedia.com
Mon Sep 17 08:31:06 EDT 2018

On Sun, Sep 16, 2018 at 11:54 PM Sannyasin Brahmanathaswami via
use-livecode <use-livecode at lists.runrev.com> wrote:

> I suppose Trevor would chime here. If you to switch Sublime text and
> stay away for SE all together, all the problems go away? Because when
> you save the script you know it is in the state of your recent
> modification, confirmed, on disk.
>
> Maybe he could describe how he works.
> He must have IDE open and Sublime text at the same times.

I haven't been following the specific details of this thread so I don't
know if using Sublime Text (ST), or other external script editor, would
make the problems go away. It is true that when you save the scripts you
know that your changes are being saved directly to disk.

When working on a project I always work in ST with the LC IDE open. LC has
a script acting as a server running and ST is the client. ST sends a
notification to LC whenever a file is saved and if a stack with a matching
name/filename exists then the stack script is updated in memory. This has
been a very reliable workflow for me.

Now, if I switch branches in my git repo then I close the LC IDE and reopen
it. I don't have anything set up that notifies LC to reload all stacks in a
project when switching branches and there are potentially a number of files
that have been changed on disk.

--
Trevor DeVore
ScreenSteps