Remote Debugger Anomalies

J. Landman Gay jacque at hyperactivesw.com
Sat Sep 15 12:39:29 EDT 2018

I asked this before and the fix is to quit the app, if I remember right.
The problem on Android is that apps never really quit, they remain in the
background until the OS needs the RAM. When the OS wipes the app, we don't
receive any messages so the debugger won't know when the socket closes. The
same thing happens when the user hits the Home or Recent buttons to leave
the app, which also does not notify us. We need messages for these events.
Android does send the app a notification but LC hasn't implemented it.

The result is that LC Android apps usually never know what's going on. It
interferes with the ability to save the app state as well.

You might try adding a Quit button to see if that works. The quit command
was updated a bit recently so that might work, even if you just use it
temporarily for debugging.

Jacqueline Landman Gay | jacque at hyperactivesw.com