Internet Date Service test

Peter Bogdanoff bogdanoff at me.com
Fri Sep 14 23:30:01 EDT 2018

I’m not seeing how to translate use of an NTP server into "LC-talk.” I would love to use it but Google doesn’t seem to have an API that I can access. And I would love the dependability of the Google universe.

This one does return JSON:
http://worldclockapi.com <http://worldclockapi.com/>

What I was using before was Julian date which is an easy calculation to use with a 30-day free trial. This worldclockapi.com server  returns:
{"$id":"1","currentDateTime":"2018-09-15T03:25Z","utcOffset":"00:00:00","isDayLightSavingsTime":false,"dayOfTheWeek":"Saturday","timeZoneName":"UTC","currentFileTime":131814555546165290,"ordinalDate":"2018-258","serviceResponse":null}

The ordinal date could be used, I suppose, to calculate 30 days from now.

Peter