[OT] Working with Android devices

Richard Gaskin ambassador at fourthworld.com
Fri Sep 14 12:26:10 EDT 2018

Peter W A Wood wrote:

 > I have recently got an Android tablet and am seeking advice on how
 > best to work with it in general, not so much with Livecode yet. My
 > main machine is a Mac. I would like to be able to easily swap files
 > with the Android tablet via wifi and to remotely login to it from
 > the Mac.

How I share files (and a whole lot more) between all my computing devices:

https://www.nextcloud.com/

For my own use I have Nextcloud installed on a small server in my
office.  For sharing with clients I have another on a VPS.  Nextcloud
lets me sync with any number of servers, with fine-grained control over
what's synced and what's excluded.  Native clients available for macOS,
Windows, Linux, iOS, and Android.

--
  Richard Gaskin
  Fourth World Systems