Remote Debugger Anomalies

J. Landman Gay jacque at hyperactivesw.com
Thu Sep 13 14:29:41 EDT 2018

On 9/13/18 8:42 AM, Andrew Bell via use-livecode wrote:
>> - The stack that caches object scripts is not being cleaned up
>> properly between debugging sessions. This would mean that you would
>> see the old script but what would be executing would be the new
>> script. One way to test this might be to move a breakpoint statement
>> from one line to another and see what line is highlighted in the
>> debugger.
>
> This is my vote for what is happening. I have noticed numerous times
> that stepping through lines I could see things happening in the
> standalone that were NOT the highlited line of code in the script editor
> at the time. For instance, a blank line (for readability of code) would
> execute some other line of code that was now 2 lines down due to a
> recent change in the script.

I think so too. I've seen updated card layouts appear, but the debug
script that was displayed didn't include additions that managed the
layout changes.

I think I asked here some time ago about how to purge the stored
scripts. I saw some oddly-named stacks in the App Browser that seemed
relevant so I deleted those, and the next time I tried a test the whole
IDE went down. So that wasn't it. :)

Jacqueline Landman Gay         |     jacque at hyperactivesw.com