Livecode's CEF Builds

Lagi Pittas iphonelagi at gmail.com
Mon Sep 10 04:49:00 EDT 2018

I have read a few articles about this  - and I think Livecode doesn't have
a problem with building it in - here is my take.

Foe under 100,000 uses/sales/installs (whatever) there is no charge.

100,000 to 250,000 is $25000

I assume  Livecode has NOT sold more than 100,000  copies of Indy or
Business.

Now there could be a chance that they might get 100,000 downloads of the
open source LC so to cover yourselves why not only put it in the paid
version.

If LC ever gets 100,000 paid Indy/Business the $25,000 would be chump
change.

Now If I produce a program using the h264 encoder using my indy version of
LC - I would have to sell (or give away) 100,000 programs before i need to
pay a royalty.

Now the only way this is going to happen is on the App store - not selling
a desktop system so If the lite version of my program DOES NOT INCLUDE the
h264 encoder but thge paid for version does
if I get 100,000 downloads of the paid for version I would only need to pay
a royalty of 25 cents for each sale?

This also gives LC  compelling l reason for putting something extra into
the closed source version that people could appreciate

Mark - can you find fault in my logic? And if not then if it is put into LC
it would have a setting for include/exclude as with the other libraries.

I'm sure if i sold 100,000 of anything at $499  - $25,000 would be petty
cash.

Regards Lagi

Now at the rate that

On Sun, 9 Sep 2018 at 22:48, Tom Glod via use-livecode <