Using RevMail in Server?

Matthias Rebbe matthias_livecode_150811 at m-r-d.de
Sun Sep 9 11:56:36 EDT 2018

> Am 09.09.2018 um 16:16 schrieb Rick Harrison via use-livecode <use-livecode at lists.runrev.com>:
>

>> I'm surprised the docs include "server" as a platform for that command, as it wouldn't make sense there.
>
> Yes, I think it must be a misprint or it is missing important information about using it in a form.

I would say it´s an error in the dictionary. For me it makes no sense to open an app with a GUI from Livecode Server. But anyway, that´s my opinion.

Richard already pointed you to the lesson about sending email from Livecode Server scripts.

We´re  using that method for years to send formdata from our webforms to our office.

Another way would be to use the tsNet external with LiveCode Server, if you have a commercial license of Livecode Server and your server system has all needed libraries up to date.

HostM has just updated their systems, so that it is now possible to use LivecodeServer 64bit with tsNet.
We did some basic tests and they were successful so far. The coming days we will change one of our form processing scripts, so that it uses tsNEt instead of sendmail.

I am really curious if this will work w/o problems. We will see. But if it does, then that would be a great enhancement for LivecodeServer.

Regards

Matthias