The Visible Hilited Line of a Datagrid

Bob Sneidar bobsneidar at iotecdigital.com
Fri Sep 7 14:52:22 EDT 2018

The following is fruits of my labors. I am attempting to have a group of two buttons always vertically positioned center-aligned with the hilited line. Here is what I came up with:

on setROControlLoc
   put the dgHilitedLine of me into tHilitedLine
   put item 1 of the dgVisibleLines of me into tFirstLine
   put (tHilitedLine - tFirstLine) into tRowOffset
   put the top of group "QuickNotes" into tGridTop
   put the dgProp ["header height"] of me into tHeaderHeight
   put the dgProp ["row height"] of me into tRowHeight
   put the loc of group "grpReorder" into tROControlLoc
   put tGridTop + tHeaderHeight + (tRowHeight * (tRowOffset)) + (tRowHeight /2) into tROControlCenter
   put tROControlCenter into item 2 of tROControlLoc
   set the loc of group "grpReorder" to tROControlLoc
end setROControlLoc

There is probably a much simpler and more elegant wat to go about it, but I can't discern it. I will post a sample stack later. It's pretty cool. The idea is to have a control for moving a line up or down in a datagrid. I considered a drag and drop but it's too much brain power, and this is much easier.

Bob S