This is disturbing!

Mike Kerner MikeKerner at roadrunner.com
Thu Sep 6 13:24:14 EDT 2018

Ignoring the leading or trailing whitespace is weird and counterintuitive.
If the language was more perfect, I think it would first not ignore the
other characters in the string no matter what they look like, then do the
implicit type coercion and then the comparison, even though there are
definitely use cases where 1≠1.0≠1.0000000000, but those sorts of edge
cases perhaps better left documented and not handled.
In all cases, where intuition and behavior are not in line, the manual
should fill in the gap.

On Thu, Sep 6, 2018 at 1:02 PM Mark Waddingham via use-livecode <