Contractors and open source software

Bob Sneidar bobsneidar at iotecdigital.com
Tue Sep 4 19:34:29 EDT 2018

The big question I have is, do they mean the app you develop is open source, as in my Forms Generator project for example, or do they mean developed with open source software? As far as I know, the Indy and Business versions are not considered Open Source, and so what you develop with them, unless you make it so, is not Open Source.

The Community version license I think specifies that you cannot create software for resale, you have to purchase a commercial license, so you can't produce commercial software with Community without violating the license.

I will be corrected if this is not the case.

Bob S