Confirming a thing about IDs

Geoff Canyon gcanyon at gmail.com
Thu Oct 11 17:14:27 EDT 2018

On Thu, Oct 11, 2018 at 12:38 PM Brian Milby via use-livecode <

> That is what my ScriptTracker uses to build unique file names for the
> script of all controls (but I start with the stack).
>
> If a card containing a certain shared group has not been visited, then the
> group must be referenced using background instead of group. For this
> reason, I use “bkgnd” to identify any shared group.

Not sure what you mean by this? I created a stack with a background/group
id 1011. The group is placed on card 4 of the stack. Restart LC and re-open
the stack, and this puts true:

put there is a group id 1011 of stack "untitled 1"

No card containing the group had been visited. This is on a Mac, LC 8.x

gc