Open Driver on multi platform - show stopper

General 2018 General.2018 at outlook.com
Tue Oct 9 16:44:31 EDT 2018

Hi ,

Not wishing to write externals I need Livecode to deploy on different platforms with ease , for the most part it does this very well.  But there is a serious weakness and have projects screaming for a solution for Android and MacOS  , This being serial communication (VCP) via USB and Bluetooth support using open driver etc.

USB / BT / Serial communication using LiveCode works perfectly on Windows but fails on MacOS and not available for Android.

Hardware with USB / Bluetooth serial communication is commonly available for use on Windows , MacOS and Android but I cannot use Livecode for all 3.
This is a show stopper until resolved.

Fully understand that this is not an option for IOS as it requires apple certified hardware.

Best Regards
Camm