Writing a UTF8 text file to server -- solved

Tim Selander selander at tkf.att.ne.jp
Thu Oct 4 08:46:12 EDT 2018

Just for posterity...

Tried many combinations of various commands.... opening the file
as a binfile instead of a text file solved my problem

Changed:
open file vfile for utf8 text update

To:
open file vfile for binary update

At which point the same command:
write vdata to file vfile at end

properly saved the data as utf8/kanji to the file on the server.

All's well that ends well.

Tim Selander
Tokyo, Japan