Stacks whose names start with "rev"

Richard Gaskin ambassador at fourthworld.com
Wed Oct 3 17:22:27 EDT 2018

Kay C Lan wrote:

 > On Fri, Sep 28, 2018 at 8:48 AM J. Landman Gay wrote:
 >>
 >> The reason the stack name can't be changed is because the whole
 >> multi-stack system uses the stack name for internal display in dozens
 >> of places (glossaries, gradebooks, student notes, reading history,
 >> lookups, etc.) and I'd have to add exceptions everywhere to
 >> accomodate just a couple of problem names. We only want to do an
 >> occasional edit without upsetting the whole IDE.
 >>
 > I appreciate that this will not solve 'the problem' but would solve
 > your 'current problem'; why not give the stack the correct name "The
 > Revelation" *.

I have seen even academic use without "the".

But such considerations do not appear to be needed.

What Jacque described is a set of circumstances that prevent even work
on the IDE.

This is either the most critical bug in the IDE's history and therefore
likely to be resolved within days if it hasn't already, or just a minor
error like attempting to set the stack's mode rather than its style
(good catch, Bob).

Either way, resolvable in short or order.

It would be comforting to find how how she got back to work, but since
she's not here I assume she's busy because she did.

--
  Richard Gaskin
  Fourth World Systems