hhPDFViewer v0.8.0

hh hh at hyperhh.de
Mon Nov 26 14:43:30 EST 2018

Sometimes one wishes to have a unique PDF display, independent of the
user's current internet-plugin. Or one wishes to have a feature that
these plugins don't have (for example rotation). Then pdf.js comes in.

hhPDFViewer is a basic GUI to the JavaScript pdf library "pdf.js"
( https://mozilla.github.io/pdf.js/  (watch the license)).

My current solution can display both local and remote pdfs.
And it does NOT need a (local) server.

The widget uses pdf.js to display (and load) one single page of any
multipage pdf. It needs 2.3 MByte of space in the temporary folder
+ 1.3*the size of the displayed pdf.

You can
[*]Switch to prev/next/any page of the PDF.
[*]Zoom in, zoom out or fit the PDF to width or height of the browser
widget's width or height.
[*]Fit the browser widget's rect to the page container's rect
(hold down the shiftkey when using the controls for that).
[*]Rotate the PDF to 0, 90, 180, 270 degrees.
[*]Grab the PDF to scroll the PDF left/up/right/down.

Download hhPDFViewer from "Sample Stacks" or
http://livecodeshare.runrev.com/stack/916/

The library is included in the stack, so that also an offline usage
(with local PDFs) is possible.
I didn't already test it but the stack should run on any platform where
the browser widget works. For mobile you still have do some work for
resizing the browser widget and the controls group (and changing some
triggers). If there is enough interest I'll implement more features.