How to handle a LSAH in user entered filename on mobile?

Mark Wieder ahsoftware at sonic.net
Thu May 31 11:13:02 EDT 2018

On 05/31/2018 07:54 AM, Bob Sneidar via use-livecode wrote:

> Many years ago I had a gal who used a character that was legal on a Mac, but not on a Windows NTFS volume. She would save her files from a Mac to a Windows file share, and Windows would happily comply, but then she couldn't open her files! (No one at Microsoft actually thought to  check for incoming file names from a foreign file system!) There are (or were) utilities that do nothing more than find illegal file names on NTFS volumes and fix them.

LOL. Some years ago I managed to insert a Windows filename that had a
space as its last character. It would show up in directory lists but was
otherwise completely inaccessible. Nothing I tried on my own, and none
of the utilities I tried would either open it or delete it. The file
stayed on the hard disk until the system finally died.

--
  Mark Wieder
  ahsoftware at gmail.com