How to handle a LSAH in user entered filename on mobile?

Bob Sneidar bobsneidar at iotecdigital.com
Thu May 31 10:54:12 EDT 2018

OIC you wanted to INCLUDE a slash in the filename, not enter a path! Ick. Yeah good choice to exclude them. Anytime you allow a user to enter a filename and/or a path you have to check for valid characters.

Many years ago I had a gal who used a character that was legal on a Mac, but not on a Windows NTFS volume. She would save her files from a Mac to a Windows file share, and Windows would happily comply, but then she couldn't open her files! (No one at Microsoft actually thought to  check for incoming file names from a foreign file system!) There are (or were) utilities that do nothing more than find illegal file names on NTFS volumes and fix them.

Bob S