Blurring field contents

Mike Bonner bonnmike at gmail.com
Thu Mar 29 12:18:29 EDT 2018

You could set the imagesource of the characters into the field, take the
snapshot,  then "set the text of field "whatever" to the text of field
"whatever" to revert.
Did a quicky test, and it seems to work well enough.
local simageOn
on mouseup
lock screen
   if sImageOn is empty then put false into sImageOn
   if sImageOn then
      set the text of field 1 to the text of field 1
      put false into sImageOn
   else
      repeat with i = 1 to the number of chars in field 1
         set the imagesource of char i of field 1 to 1008
      end repeat
      put true into sImageOn
   end if
unlock screen
end mouseup

On Thu, Mar 29, 2018 at 9:46 AM, Tore Nilsen via use-livecode <