Dinamyc variables.

Bob Sneidar bobsneidar at iotecdigital.com
Mon Mar 19 11:43:06 EDT 2018

This is what Macro Substitution was created for, but LC doesn't have that function. Say you have an accounting app where you can load different companies. The names of the tables and support files on disk are serialized with a 2 digit number representing the company number. In Foxpro when you load a new company, you *could* reference the files using macro substitution:

open file &tCompanyPath&tModule&tCompanynum

Of course there are ways around this. Someone pointed out using an array, which is a variable containing other variables in essence.