9.0.0 RC-1 Hard crash still persists + New problem

panagiotis merakos merakosp at gmail.com
Fri Mar 16 10:26:45 EDT 2018

Hi Michael,

I think Bob and Lagi suggested to remove any *custom* Extensions and
Plugins you have in the "Documents/My LiveCode" folder, not to disable the
LC built-in extensions.

If this does not help, I would suggest you try removing your Prefs, as
maybe they have been corrupted, and this can cause unexpected behavior.
To remove your prefs:

1. Quit LiveCode
2. Navigate to /Users/<username>/Library/Preferences/RunRev/ folder

You should see one or two files there:

livecode.rev --> Prefs for LiveCode versions < 7
livecode7.rev --> Prefs for LiveCode 7, 8 and 9

3. Remove those 2 files from this folder. You can trash them, or just put
them in a different folder. Those files will be re-generated once you start
LiveCode again.

4. Open LiveCode again. Now all the preferences will have been reset to
defaults (you should see a gray backdrop)

5. Test again if you still can reproduce the crash. If yes, then please
file a bug report at quality.livecode.com, and make sure you include a
sample stack that demonstrates the problem.

Kind regards,
Panos
--

On Fri, Mar 16, 2018 at 2:10 PM, Michael Kristensen via use-livecode <