Dash LiveCode Docset and "Make Docset" stack updated

James At The Hale james at thehales.id.au
Fri Mar 16 00:00:10 EDT 2018

Bob asked:
> Interesting. I'm curious if this can be used to combine multiple PDF documents into a DocSet.

If you are asking if a Dash Docset can be made from pdf’s I think the answer is no.
See...https://kapeli.com/docsets

In the “Make Docset” stack I am using the html files contained in the documentation directory within LiveCode. These are the files that appear when you click on the “Guide” tab in LC’s dictionary. Within Dash they appear when you select the LiveCode document set or any of the keyword headers.
The actual entries come from the stored arrays in the dictionary sqlite database reformatted to html.

No pdf’s were harmed or even looked at in any way.

If you wanted to use pdf’s to make a dash docset, I think you would nee to convert the pdf’s to html.

James