[OT] Free tool for ease Windows Installer creation

Matthias Rebbe matthias_livecode_150811 at m-r-d.de
Tue Mar 13 20:14:15 EDT 2018

Hi,

inspired by Monte´s great, but unfortunately not available anymore, tool InstallGadget, i´ve created a similar tool called InstaMaker.
I very often need to create Installers for my little Windows apps and InstallGadget was a good friend in the past, but drag´n´drop did not work with newer Windows versions and other problems appeared. So i decided to built my own version of such a tool.

On Windows InstaMaker creates Windows Installers (based on the newest version of InnoSetup). You do not need to install InnoSetup separately. The needed parts are already included in InstaMaker. On OS X it creates simple DMG files.
Just drag a folder which contains your program into the program window of InstaMaker or onto the InstaMaker Icon. InstaMaker does the rest for you.

I know there are other tools out there which do the DMG stuff much better, but i wanted to have a tool available which does exact the same as InstallGadget did.

InstaMaker for Windows might be a good solution for the one or the other who wants to create a Windows Installer of a program quick and easy.

I will add code signing support the next weeks or when time allows, so that the Windows installer will be automatically code signed after creation. For this you will need a code signing certificate.

InstaMaker is free.  You can download it from its website at https://instamaker.dermattes.de <https://instamaker.dermattes.de/>

Regards,

Matthias