Get URL anomaly

Graham Samuel livfoss at mac.com
Tue Mar 6 09:56:57 EST 2018

Hi Charles - thanks for your help. I immediately tried your modification (use ‘put’ and avoid the variable ‘it’) but it made no difference. However, I think I have solved the problem:

I was relying on the Standalone Application Settings option ’search for required inclusions’. This did however not include something called ‘internet’, which presumably is not tsNet but something else. Anyway when I chose that option, the behaviour in the IDE and the standalone suddenly appeared the same. I don’t know why it worked in some simpler standalones used for testing - perhaps the LC search for inclusions was confused by something in my real app and not in the simpler ones. Without this inclusion, the ‘put’ (or ‘get’) apparently works - nothing in ‘the result’ - but no data is transferred. With the inclusion, data is transferred as expected.

If I can, I will report this as a bug, but it’s going to be tricky to demonstrate it in its original context.

If anyone else is reading this, have you had any negative experience with the ‘search for required inclusions’ feature of the LC Standalone settings?

Thanks again

Graham