Another server question (mixing node.js and LC)

Alex Tweedly alex at tweedly.net
Thu Mar 1 17:33:06 EST 2018

On 01/03/2018 18:48, Richard Gaskin via use-livecode wrote:

> jbv wrote:
>
> > And is this feature already available on the LC version of on-rev
> > accounts ?
>
> Hard to say. I have an on-rev account, but haven't set it up.  I would
> imagine that the mother ship is using the latest Stable build, no?

Yeah, right :-(
The default on on-rev (at least, on sage) is 7.1 !!

You can, I believe, request any particular version to be enabled per-domain.
Or you can specify a specific version (but I couldn't find a way to
predict which versions might be available).

Or, my choice, just give up on on-rev and use hostM (uses latest stable
release by default, and gives you a simple way to specify which major
release you would prefer to use), or Dreamhost (can't remember how they
did it, but I remember it worked OK).

-- Alex.