Remote URL Not Available

Sannyasin Brahmanathaswami brahma at hindu.org
Tue Jun 26 13:58:09 EDT 2018

Thanks Bob..

For years if been keeping a ping.txt file on the server. It contains "true" which tell me the server is available. Interesting enough, apple does the almost the thing.

That suffices for the server.

I agree that there in no way " to check if a page is *going* to be available" before you go there. I was thinking, if it "is" available, then we check into the header for one "param"  that would be "true".

If we can avoid checking all errors.  Other the hand, error codes is a finite list so possible we can check with the small list of 5,6 errors code.

Brahmanathaswami