Examples of encryption for database access

Mark Wieder ahsoftware at sonic.net
Mon Jun 25 19:04:44 EDT 2018

On 06/25/2018 02:17 PM, William Prothero via use-livecode wrote:
> Mark:
> I’ve been exploring, Googling, and my Web Host Manager to figure out where to set the environmental variables for the security keys. It might be nice if I could set different values for different subdomains on my server, but my Web Host Manager program states that it will put a copy of the keys in the .htaccess file. Is the .htaccess file for a domain a secure place to put the keys?

Yes, that's a proper place to initialize server variables, and
especially if you want different values for different subdomains, as
you'll have a separate .htaccess file for each subdomain. In *theory*
nobody has access to the . files except you.

The .htaccess line will look something like

SetEnv name value

--
  Mark Wieder
  ahsoftware at gmail.com