8.1.1 Reporting the ScreenSize of a iPhone7: 0,0,375,667

Sannyasin Brahmanathaswami brahma at hindu.org
Sun Jun 17 23:03:58 EDT 2018

[my early post in pending due to length. I put the stack script in it. Better to give the stack}

Hmm. Trying to a little responsive design (works on any device/mobile screen size)

1) Make a very stack with a widget "body" as browser that fill the whole screen but for 50 at the bottom
2) Fill the whole screen -50 at the bottom for a navigation/tool  - group "footer"

But we the need to hide the group footer when they turn in landscape.  (for view full screen video)
And show it again when when orientationChanges to Portrait.

Just winging it, first time try to do this, no doubt all my methods need a lot helps,  (missing the proper way to use resize and the browser widget does not turn)

But, first problem :

I get a screenRect 0,0,375,667 on an iPhone 7+ and there is no way I can add 7+ screen…

Thanks, Apple!  (can't report screenrect from the hardware) They depend on the splash screens, so I been told.

What to do?

And, all of the code in the stack script

Available here (39k)

Go stack url "http://wiki.hindu.org/uploads/BrowserLandscapeTest.livecode"

Brahmanathaswami

PS. If one can tell me where to "resize" message. … I have been staying away from that for years!