LiveCode Server on CentOS 6?

Warren Samples warren at warrensweb.us
Sun Jul 29 03:06:14 EDT 2018

On 07/28/2018 05:39 AM, Keith Clarke via use-livecode wrote:
> Hi Folks,
> Is anyone running LS Server on CentOS 6?
> I notice that only version 7 is officially supported and not being a Linux expert, I’d like to know if this server OS would need to be upgraded before attempting anything with LC server on it.
> TIA
> Keith

The release notes say glibc 2.13 or later is needed to run LC 8 and 9 in
Linux. You can check the installed version in a shell locally, or using
ssh on a remote machine, with this command:

          ldd --version

The first line it returns tells you the version. On my desktop it
returns this, showing glibc is version 2.27:

ldd (GNU libc) 2.27
This is free software; see the source for copying conditions.  There is
NO warranty; not even for MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR
PURPOSE.
Written by Roland McGrath and Ulrich Drepper.

I have a CentOS 7 server running glibc 2.17 and LC server works there.
It looks like CentOS 6 ships with 2.12 which won't work.

Good luck!

Warren