Oauth2 (Dropbox) on iOS

Ben Rubinstein benr_mc at cogapp.com
Tue Jul 24 14:20:49 EDT 2018

I feel I've been through this before, but I've not been on it for a while, and
I'm still (again) stuck.

Using Oauth2 to connect an app to the Dropbox API works fine on desktop.

On iOS, I get the overlay; with the Dropbox log-in; I sign in, and it then
shows the message that this app would like access to the files in Dropbox,
with buttons (from Dropbox) Cancel or Allow (and a link "Learn more").

However, neither the Cancel nor Allow buttons do anything. Fortunately there
is now an LC 'cancel' button at the bottom of the overlay (thanks Monte!
https://github.com/livecode/livecode/pull/6315).

But something's not happening which should (I assume) happen when the user
touches "Allow". (There is a tiny bit of visible feedback.)

I know on a previous occasion I solved my issue with inclusions, but I don't
think that's the problem this time. I have (manual inclusions) the Browser
widget, the JSON and Oauth2 libraries, and the internet library. The call to
Oauth2 is wrapped in a try block, and I'm not seeing a catch (can't be sure
that I would, but when I use the new emergency cancel, my script just reports
"Not authorised" where if I drop the Oauth2 library, I get a dialog reporting
the catch).

What am I missing? Is anyone else able to succesfully connect to Dropbox using
the Oauth2 library on LC 9.0.0, iOS 9.3 (or any similar environments)?

TIA,

Ben