How to create a QR Code Version 14 (73x73modules)

Matthias Rebbe matthias_livecode_150811 at m-r-d.de
Tue Jul 17 18:20:51 EDT 2018

Hi.

My app needs to create qr codes. This is not a problem so far, as Splash21´s  qrCode library is now included in Livecode.

My problem is that i need to create qr Codes with exact version 14, which has a matrix size of 73 x 73. The customer needs exact that kind of code. The codes are scanned by a parcel service and the tech papers of the parcel service note exact those requirements.

As the  qrCode library in LC automatically decides according to the number and types of the characters, what version is used for creation, i am not sure if this is even possible. But is there a way to create just version 14 codes regardless of the number of character? Maybe with a modified library?

Regards,

Matthias