good tutorial about connecting LC desktop apps to MySQL without exposing the database

Bob Sneidar bobsneidar at iotecdigital.com
Tue Jan 23 11:23:39 EST 2018

Thanks a TON Matthias! This has been gnawing at my conscience for some time. While I store important data in encrypted format using a seed only I know, the data in transit and in storage is not encrypted. There is nothing critical there anyone would want, but still... this is something I definitely want to implement as soon as possible, although it will require a refactoring of my database connection and query routines.

Trevor Devore mention a few months back some possibility of updating sqlYoga to use this kind of connection. Since my routines are entirely dependent on sqlYoga, this would be important for me, otherwise I would have to essentially recreate some of his routines for getting cursors into arrays or text and back again.

Bob S