Getting datagrid content from other stack in Standalone

Bob Sneidar bobsneidar at iotecdigital.com
Fri Jan 12 11:08:43 EST 2018

Don't you mean:

put the dgdata of grp 1 of CARD 1 OF stack "path/to/dgstack.livecode" into tDataA

If you are going to be using full paths for this, I recommend using my fine functions getParentCard() and getParentStack().

function getParentCard pObjectID
   put offset("card id", pObjectID) into tStartChar
   put char tStartChar to -1 of pObjectID into tCardID
   return tCardID
end getParentCard

function getParentStack pObjectID
    put offset("stack ", pObjectID) into tStartChar
    put char tStartChar to -1 of pObjectID into tParentStack
    return tParentStack
end getParentStack

As you can see they are very basic. Pass a long id of the calling object and it returns the long card ID or the long name of the parent stack. Now you can do this:

put getParentCard(the long id of me) into tThisCard
put the dgData of grp 1 of tThisCard into tDataA

Bob S